Friday, December 5, 2008

Password Usage

We'll I just got done reading dannychoo's "Password Usage" post and he basically states that he cannot find any software that fits his needs. And this is were my post comes in I will be covering there famous fast browser know as Fire Fox. Now in the end of the post there will be links if you are interested in this post enjoy and please comment the post.

Now danny states "Been trying to think of an easy way to manage passwords "
now firefox has a built in cookie logger I guess you can look at it in that perspective so let's say I goto a login for "gmail.com" and enter my information a box comes up asking if you want firefox to remember the information you want click yes.

So next time you visit the website you click on the login box and your information appers now danny always makes the comment..
"The reason is that if you use the same combination, all it takes is to have a malicious employee to get hold of your details and gain access to all your other services."

Firefox also has this built in its called a "master password" so in case I forget my password I can just goto Tools>Options>Security>Show Passwords>whats your master password?>enter it>now i see my passwords. Example below




So if your looking for a strong,fast,reliable browser then check out fire fox.

Download FireFox
[1] www.firefox.com

2 comments:

Persocom said...

I suppose something like the master password would be good for a non-shared computer like mine, perhaps I'll check that out (been using firefox for ages and never knew about this XD)

suki said...

This seems like an interesting function, thanks for the heads up ^-^